Happy Self-Care Sunday! What are your Self-Care Sunday plans?
I wanted to share with you my recent experience with my first brand photo shoot. It was truly empowering, to say the least, and I gained a whole new level of confidence and assertiveness after it. Check out my post on my Instagram or Facebook. Did you know that thankfulness or gratitude is the quickest path to joy?
🙏🏽 Gratitude Practice 🙏🏽
What is 1 self-care habit you are thankful for?
🌸 ====== 🌸
Our bodies are amazing things, we can stay alive for long periods of time without food, water and even sleep, but not without oxygen. But how much importance and thought do we give to this vital function?
Listen to these episodes that focus on Conscious Breathwork & Yoga on my website to learn the importance of proper breathing and amazing practical wellness tips that you can start today.
1. Transformational Benefits of the Elemental Rhythm Breathwork with Giovanni Bartolomeo on SCGP #14
2. Celebrating Your Life’s Magnanimity Through Your Breath with Jennifer Stevenson on SCGP #15
3. Conscious Breathing Your First Pillar of Self-Care with Anders Olsson on SCGP #30
4. YOGA: Your Secret To A Healthy Heart, Mind & Body with Bhaskar Goswami on SCGP #34
I invite you to join the monthly online New Moon Breathwork Experience and be part of the breathwork revolution. Purchase your tickets here.
Research shows a variety of health and wellness benefits and quality of life improvements that intentional breathing (including diaphragmatic breathing, yogic breathing, and other breathing exercises) may provide for people experiencing certain health conditions and concerns. Become an observer of your breath so you stay connected to the present moment with my “Be Present Through Breath Awareness” video here.
- Reduce stress and aid in stress-related medical illnesses, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse, according to a review in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Alleviate post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), according to a study in the Journal of Traumatic Stress
- Improve immune response, according to a study published in PLoS One
- Mitigate asthma symptoms, according to a meta-analysis published in March 2020 in Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Decrease hypertension in adults, according to a review published in May 2021 in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice
- Aid with COPD rehabilitation, according to a review published in March 2022 in the International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Aid glycemic control in people with type 2 diabetes, according to a study in the January 2021 International Journal of Yoga Therapy
- Improve the quality of life in people with cardiovascular disease and cancer, according to a study published in May 2020 in International Journal of Yoga (IJOY)
Check out my amazing podcast “Special Anniversary Episode: 1st Year” #45 on the Self-Care Goddess Podcast.
One well-researched breath work technique is diaphragmatic breathing. What makes it special is the way it can influence the entire body, especially the nervous system. When we are under stress whether running from a predator or dealing with a particularly frustrating email at work the brain turns on the sympathetic nervous system (SNS), which governs the flight, fight, or freeze response. You’ll notice the activation of your SNS if you have shallow breathing, tense shoulders, increased blood pressure, or an upset stomach. Countering the SNS is the parasympathetic nervous system or the rest-and-digest response: essentially, your body in a state of calm. Deep breathing may act as a manual switch to move your system from the SNS into the PNS. In other words, from a state of stress to a state of calm.
For example, when you release tension with a big sigh or exhalation, you may be able to reverse the fight-or-flight response and slip into a state of relaxation.
For more information on how you can incorporate proper breathing techniques to benefit your overall health subscribe to my YouTube channel.
I am a certified Breathwork Facilitator. Connect With Me to know more on the amazing power of breathwork and learn some breathwork techniques than can help you better manage yourself.