Hello Wellness Seeker,
Happy Self-Care Sunday! What are your self-care plans for today?
I invite you to take the opportunity to connect with the power of the cacao plant as a heart medicine and learn about the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits of ceremonial cacao to elevate humanity. Check out more details on Instagram or Facebook.
Did you know that thankfulness or gratitude is the quickest path to joy?
🙏🏽 Gratitude Practice 🙏🏽
A friend I cherish is _____, because he or she. . .
🌸 ====== 🌸
Cultivating an awareness of the breath and developing good habits of breathing are key components of healing, transformation, and spiritual practice. The breath is the most accessible and helpful tool we have for making progress in these areas.
More specifically, diaphragmatic breathing regulates and balances the nervous system, supporting physical, mental, and emotional health and well-being.
We can learn to cultivate specific skills for proper breathing that will help us in all aspects of our life. We might think of this set of skills as yogic breathing, or simply healthy breathing habits that calm our soul and body.
I invite you to join the monthly online New Moon Breathwork Experience and be part of the breathwork revolution. Purchase your “Group Sessions” tickets here.
Here are some tips to include breathwork and relaxation techniques into your life:
• If possible, schedule a set time to practice each day. You may find that it’s easier to stick with your practice if you do it first thing in the morning, before other tasks and responsibilities get in the way.
• Practice relaxation techniques while you’re doing other things. Meditate while commuting to work, on a bus or train, or waiting for an appointment (doctor, dentist, etc.)
- Try deep breathing while you’re doing housework or mowing the lawn.
- Mindfulness walking can be done while exercising your dog, walking to your car, or taking the stairs at work instead of using the elevator.
For guidance on holistic wellness subscribe to my YouTube channel.
• If you exercise, improve the relaxation benefits by adopting mindfulness. Instead of zoning out or staring at a TV as you exercise, try focusing your attention on your breath. If you’re resistance training, for example, focus on coordinating your breathing with your movements and pay attention to how your body feels as you raise and lower the weights.
• Avoid practicing when you’re sleepy. These techniques can relax you so much that they can make you very sleepy, especially if it’s close to bedtime. You will get the most benefit if you practice when you’re fully awake and alert. Do not practice after eating a heavy meal or while using drugs, tobacco, or alcohol. Absolutely do not practice any relaxation technique that might make you drowsy while driving.
Expect ups and downs. Don’t be discouraged if you skip a few days or even a few weeks. It happens. Just get started again and slowly build up to your old momentum.
I invite you to listen to episode #36 of the Self-Care goddess podcast with Kashif Khan “Decipher YOUR Genetic Code For Optimal Wellbeing” on the Self-Care Goddess Podcast
Watch my “Breath Awareness Meditation” video here.
I am a certified Breathwork Facilitator. Connect With Me to know more on the amazing power of breathwork and learn some breathwork techniques than can help you better manage yourself.