Hello Wellness Seeker,
Happy Self-Care Sunday! What are your self-care plans for today?
Did you know that giving out compliments is one way to express gratitude? Try it.
🙏🏽 Gratitude Practice 🙏🏽
I am grateful for my house/apartment because. . .
🌸 ====== 🌸
Have you experienced a breathwork transformation?
Try this. Take a couple of moments to breathe through your nose, deep into your abdomen, and then out your mouth. Do this five times. Observe your body relaxing. Your mind will start to clear of any lingering stressors. What you are experiencing is a sample of what breathwork can do.
I invite you to listen to episode #37 with Joy McCarthy “3 Ways For Joyous Living” on the Self-Care Goddess Podcast
We say “The Breath of Life” for a reason. Breathing is one of the most basic functions of the human body that not only fuels the body with oxygen, it can also clear a foggy mind and help strengthen the muscles. Since there are so many systems at play with each and every breath, it is important to allow all of these coordinating processes to work the way they should.
- Begin with great posture. Sitting up straight allows the lungs to expand quickly and efficiently with every breath. It also helps air to travel into the lungs and carbon dioxide to travel out of the lungs unimpeded.
- Most people only exhale 70% of the carbon dioxide in their lungs. Instead push all the air out of your lungs as though you are blowing bubbles. It gives instant energy and make us more efficient in filling our lungs while we inhale.
For guidance on holistic wellness subscribe to my YouTube channel here.
Every system in the body relies on oxygen. From cognition to digestion, effective breathing can not only provide you with a greater sense of mental clarity, it can also help you sleep better, digest food more efficiently, improve your body’s immune response, and reduce stress levels. Many people who practice yoga or breath control, are better able to regulate the sympathetic nervous system, heart rate and blood pressure. You may want to try several different relaxation techniques to see which one works best for you. Here are some helpful tips:
- Choose a special place where you can sit (or lie down) comfortably and quietly.
- Don’t try too hard. That may just cause you to tense up.
- Don’t be too passive, either. The key to eliciting the relaxation response lies in shifting your focus from stressors to deeper, calmer rhythms and having a focal point is essential.
- Try to practice once or twice a day, always at the same time, in order to enhance the sense of ritual and establish a habit.
- Try to practice at least 10–20 minutes each day.
I am a certified Breathwork Facilitator, connect with me to know more on how you can transform your body with your breath and learn breathwork techniques than can help you better manage yourself to lead a high vibrating, thriving and successful life. I invite you to Join the monthly online New Moon Breathwork Experience and be part of the breathwork revolution. Purchase your tickets here.
Watch my “Alternate Nostril Breathing For Anti-Anxiety & Calming Effects” video here.
I am a certified Breathwork Facilitator. Connect With Me to know more on the amazing power of breathwork and learn some breathwork techniques than can help you better manage yourself.