Hello Wellness Seeker,
Do you know why employee wellbeing is crucial for your business success?
Employee wellbeing is important more than ever because of the power it has to transform employees’ lives, reduce costs and create a healthy company culture. The COVID-19 outbreak has surely put more emphasis on mental wellbeing and employers have been focusing less on particular health conditions and more on benefits such as fitness activities and standing desks. In the future, we will see more diversified employee wellbeing benefits. The costs of employee disengagement, absenteeism and healthcare are too high to be ignored. Employers have started prioritizing employees’ mental, physical and financial wellbeing.
I invite you to benefit from my daily wellness tips on my YouTube channel and urge you to incorporate these practical tips and meditations to experience their transformational benefits.
Here’s is a summary of this week’s videos that you can listen and incorporate at your workplace starting today!
Tip #1. Create a Growth Mindset in the Workplace
Did you know that according to a new report by workplace consultancy McKinsey, up to 375 million workers worldwide will need to change roles or learn new skills by 2030.
Your mindset plays a critical role in how you approach problem solving, decision making, challenges, opportunities, and personal and professional relationships, basically life! Your mindset is malleable and can be nurtured towards embracing challenges and leveraging opportunities. It takes discipline, dedication and persistence but it’s totally possible.
If you are a manager and want to develop a constantly thriving vibrating culture at work then this tip is for you. Practice these five steps to develop a growth mindset in your organization.
1. Tie Performance Evaluation to Learning, Not Output.
2. Classify Both Successes and Failures as Learning Opportunities.
3. Encourage Employees to Express themselves and give feedback.
4. Invest in Employees’ Upskilling and Reskilling Efforts.
5. Support Coaching and Cross-Domain Learning.
After all employees with a growth mindset believe abilities like talent and intelligence can be developed through dedication, hard work and discipline. They’re more likely to enjoy learning, seek out situations to experiment, and see failure as an opportunity to grow.
Tip #2. Need Help Prioritizing & Time Management? Use this Matrix
Are you finding it difficult to manage your time effectively? Try using the Eisenhower Priority Matrix to help you get organized and management your time effectively.
Understanding this simple grid can help you thrive vs. just simply survive. Avoiding excessive burdens and seeing them as inevitable.
So, the Important & Urgent tasks are the “Do RIGHT NOW!” These are your fires, urgent emergency matters, time sensitive, that if you don’t get these done there will be serious consequences for. Such as dealing with client complaints, replying to urgent emails, income producing tasks, or your kid’s school calls.
So, moving along the matrix -the strategy for the Important & Not Urgent is to “SET TIME TO DO”. Quality Time with family/friends, self-improvement, exercise or work on long term goals.
The Not Important but urgent – you can “ASSIGN TO OTHERS”. These are tasks that you can delegate to other people or segments of time. Find someone else, another time or push back and say NOT NOW.
And finally, the time wasters, the Not Important and Not Urgent – “REMOVE ENTIRELY”. Delete, eliminate or remarkably cut down on junk like social media lurking scrolling, games on your phone, or watching useless videos. This becomes your DO NOT DO list.
Tip #3. Breath Awareness Meditation
Breath awareness means paying close attention to the breath as you allow it to come and go on its own, you become an observer of the breath.
Practicing breath awareness can be a key factor in learning how to become more self-aware of our emotions. When we are more self-aware of our emotions, we can begin to self-regulate our stress response and truly respond to stress and avoid reacting to it.
The objective of this meditation is to you relax and become aware of your breath.
This simple breath awareness meditation is a mindful practice and is a great way to train your focus and concentration. Learning to notice your breath without judgement, just being with the breath.
Tip #4. 3 Practical Ways to Manage Your Energy
Do want to learn how to manage your energy better? Here are 3 important practices to more effectively regulate your energy, increase your resilience and handle situations more effectively and help you with your self-awareness.
1. The value of Prep cannot be overemphasized. The purpose of Prep is to ensure that before entering a challenging situation, you are in a more resilient and composed state so you are able to meet the challenge and respond optimally. This is not merely thinking about feeling calmer and more composed, but rather creating the actual feeling of ease, calm or confidence, which creates coherence. You can Prep for anything. Prep to set the tone for the day, before meetings, before working on projects or meeting with a client.
2. Shift and Reset by practicing a HeartMath coherence technique in-the-moment when challenging events, big or small, occur to stabilize emotions and minimize energy drains as soon as possible. Shift and reset before resting or going to bed to get the maximum benefits from rest or sleep.
3. Sustain your resilience throughout the day by establishing regular practices to Prep, and Shift and Reset on-the-go throughout the day. Using a technique even when you aren’t experiencing stress reinforces a more coherent and resilient state. It all adds up! With practice, you can learn to Shift and Reset much more quickly after any stressful event and save a lot of energy so you don’t deplete your resilience.
Tip #5. Begin Your Yoga Journey with Sun Salutations
The easiest way to begin your Yoga journey is with sun salutations. It is preferred that you face the sun as you work, and express your gratitude to a higher power for the Sun, the life source of the Earth.
A regular yoga practice that includes sun salutations can have an amazing effect on muscle strength, general body endurance and body composition.
Studies show that sun salutations can be an ideal exercise to keep oneself in optimum level of fitness.
To get started with your workplace wellness strategy download my amazing Workplace Wellness Calendar here.
If you’re ready to book your complimentary Workplace Wellness call, click here.