Your Breath is a SUPERPOWER
Happy Sunday! What are your self-care Sunday plans?
Yoga is such a powerful practice. Yoga teaches you how to find balance, build strength, flexibility, and concentration, but most importantly, surrendering to the present moment by focusing on the breath! Check out my post on my Instagram or Facebook.
Gratitude and appreciation are core positive psychology practices that have been shown to boost physical, mental, and emotional health.
🙏🏽 Gratitude Practice 🙏🏽
As part of your morning routine, I invite you to consider 3 things that you’re grateful for today?
🌸 ====== 🌸
Have you ever been conscious of your breathing?
Take 5 intentional deep inhales and exhales through the nose. As you breathe deep through your belly, experience a regenerative feeling such as gratitude or appreciation for a loved one or something in your life. We all realize that without breath there is no life in the body. Breath is the force that keeps us alive. Our breath is accessible and innate to us all. The result of breathwork practice is intense self-awareness that guides us how to respond and also when not to respond. Breathwork makes you more productive and enables a deep sense of connection with the self.
I invite you to join the monthly online New Moon Breathwork Experience and be part of the breathwork revolution. Purchase your tickets here.
Breathing is an unconscious process essential for health, wellness, and longevity. The process of breathing helps in delivering oxygen to every part of the body. Effective breathing can improve many body functions from cognition, digestion, sleep, immunity, to beating stress levels. It can also help you feel mentally clearer and reduce stress. According to Nathan Gallagher, Breathwork specialist and founder of Breath By Nathan, “Our breath influences our nervous system, immune system, cognitive function, heart rate, energy production, emotional regulation, mental health and more. With an average of 25,000 breaths each day, we have a very large opportunity to positively influence our whole state of being.”
Check out my awesome conversation “Owning YOUR Sh*t”: How to Live an Authentic & Fulfilling Life”; episode #41 on the Self-Care Goddess Podcast.
Here are 8 reasons why breathing is a superpower:
1. You can travel back into your past to process, integrate and heal emotional trauma.
2. It is the ultimate chill pill. You can hack your stress response and down-regulate your nervous system to relax on command.
3. Almost 70% of the toxins in your body are released through breathing alone.
4. You can focus the infinite power of the conscious mind by observing & bringing conscious awareness to the breath.
5. It is a gateway and entry point into the vastness of your subconscious mind.
6. You can boost your energy levels on command by extending and accentuating your inhalation.
7. By extending and slowing down your exhalation, your breath acts as a powerful and natural sleeping pill.
8. Just 5 minutes of deep and slow breathing has been shown to significantly reduce anxiety and psychological stress.
For more information on how proper breathing can affect your overall health or for help in your recovery and guidance on holistic wellness subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Are you always reaching for a coffee during your mid-afternoon energy slump? Try this breath technique instead.
I am a certified Breathwork Facilitator. Connect With Me to know more on the amazing power of breathwork and learn some breathwork techniques than can help you better manage yourself.