Happy Self-Care Sunday! How are you enjoying this day off?
Building daily gratitude habits and communicating more appreciation towards others are some of the simplest ways to gradually shift to a more positive mindset and experience the joys of life more deeply.
What is a Self-Care Sunday ritual that you are most grateful for?
Did you know that no matter what you eat, how much you exercise, how old, young or strong you are it doesn’t matter if you’re not breathing properly?
We humans are so busy with mundane chores that we forget about our basic breathing skills which have not become a priority these days. An amazing solution is to teach parents breathwork skills so that they can expose their children to the amazing power of breathwork and together build this strong foundation of breathing properly that we can carry forward to future generations.
In today’s society, most people are overstressed, over worked and many of us are always looking for ways to balance our lifestyle. This is what has led to an increased popularity for things like yoga, breath work and meditation. These have been there all the time but now they are more mainstream because there is an overall need and demand for them.
Are you ready to give breathwork a chance? Some popularly observed benefits of breathwork are that resting heart rate goes down, anxiety disappears, there is an increase in confidence, repaired relationships and so many more.
The other benefits of breathing techniques are seen in self-awareness and gratitude. I encourage you to be consistent with your breathwork practice and focus on further developing your self-awareness, repetition and the powerful emotions that your practice evokes.
Here are some of the wearables that Giovanni Bartolomeo, my podcast guest of episode #14 of the Self-Care goddess podcast recommends to help you on your breathwork journey:
- WHOOP Bracelet: It is a fitness tracker that measures sleep, workout intensity and how your body recovers from workouts, and provides advice on how to improve all these areas.
- Muse Headband: Muse is an immersive meditation device that provides real-time feedback on mental activity, heart rate, breathing, and body movements.
- Pulse Oximeter: Pulse oximeter is a non-invasive and painless test that measures oxygen saturation level or the oxygen levels in the blood.
- Mouth Taping: Using surgical, non-sticky tape or strips to tape your mouth shut during sleep. Mouth breathing has dangerous side effects, and by taping our mouth shut while sleeping you are training your body to breathe through your nose which has amazing benefits and it’s how we are meant to breathe.
- Apollo Neuro: It is scientifically sound, wearable touch therapy that you wear on the ankle or wrist. The silent, soothing vibrations speak to the nervous system, telling you that you’re safe and in control.
- Oura Ring: It is a tiny titanium device that tracks sleep, measuring time spent in each sleep stage. The ring also records heart rate, heart rate variability, breathing rate, skin temperature, and other metrics.
Check out my awesome conversation with Giovanni Bartolomeo, where we talk about the transformational power of Breathwork on episode #14 of the Self-Care Goddess Podcast.
Connect with me for a complimentary introduction call here to know more on how you can transform your body with the power of your breath and learn breathwork techniques that can help you better manage yourself to lead a high-vibrating, thriving and successful life.
I invite you to check out my YouTube channel and remember to hit the subscribe button for wellness videos to improve your health and wellbeing.