Hello Workplace Wellness Seeker,
Did you know that thankfulness or gratitude is the quickest path to joy?
The thing I love most about this time of year is…
How To Achieve Workplace Wellness?
To achieve workplace wellness, companies must be willing to explore the different avenues of healthcare that can benefit employees. There’s nothing like feeling good, energetic, and at the top of your game in and out of the office. While not every day will be as perfect, you can strive to create a healthy lifestyle that benefits your body and your work and personal life.
My Workplace Wellness Calendar can guide you with some ideas for implementing your wellbeing strategy.
✨ Check out the following tips that can help you accomplish small yet significant wellness goals:
- Declutter your desk by placing things back where they belong and rearranging office essentials in storage trays, holders, or bins.
- Set an alarm on your watch or phone to go off every 60 minutes. When it does, get up and stretch, walk around, and drink water.
- Indulge in a meditation routine that works for you. You can set a time to do this at the office with a few coworkers by booking a conference room when it’s convenient for everyone.
- Invite co-workers for a group fitness program as a fun way to blow off steam after working hours.
- Prepare nutritious home-cooked meals in advance for the week instead of relying on canteen food and takeout.
- Sit on a yoga ball while working instead of a chair to improve your posture, stability, and core strength.
- Get plants for your cubicle to create a space of zen and comfort while you work.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for amazing daily workplace wellness tips that can help in all factors of your wellness program.
Here’s a summary of this week’s 5 tips that can help you personally and professionally.
Read, Listen and Share!
Do you want to know how to increase Nitric Oxide, a very powerful molecule in our body use to open up capillaries, and for respiratory issues as well? And it’s what they use in Viagra. Hi I’m Rita Savoia, Certified Nutritionist, Holistic Wellness & Functional Breathing Coach & Workplace Wellness Consultant.
So today I’m going to tell you a very very easy technique, it’s called the humming technique. Now breathing through the nose actually allows us to produce Nitric Oxide, that’s why nasal breathing is so important for sure and try to nasal breathe as much as possible. But in order to increase that Nitric Oxide production by 15x fold, all you need to do, are you ready for this, because it’s super simple, is literally hum your favourite song. So ready you just take a nice big inhale and then on the exhale hum your favourite song or sound for as long as possible. That’s how easy it is to produce Nitric Oxide 15 fold.
You can use this technique before engaging in a rigorous or difficult task or project. Stop a negative thought or sabotaging self-limiting belief.
Listen to the Self-Care Goddess Podcast “Your Menopause Guide: How To Transform A Middle Aged Woman’s Body” episode #79
Are your air pods actually frying your brain? How can we incorporate a safer use of technology?
1. Maximize the distance between your body & your devices when they’re on and in use. In this safer approach increase the distance as much as possible. The power of EMF radiation diminishes exponentially with distance. If we have a phone, & it’s an inch away from our body, & we double that keeping it two inches away we’ve cut the power of that exposure by 75%. But if it’s right up against our body, we are getting the maximum possible dose that device has.
2. Minimize your use of non-native EMF-generating tech. Do not use smart tech when you can avoid it. If there’s a piece of smart tech, look at its functionality & use for you. Don’t just get smart tech, because of what’s available. We already have a very high level of EMF exposure, every new wireless device will increase that for us & our family. Kids today are growing up in a world with so much non-native EMF so if you have kids in the house, definitely take additional precautions to not have excess levels of non-native EMF generating tech.
A great gratitude practice you can do is my Mindful Heart-Focused Breathing video. I hope you find this video helpful and please share with family, friends and co-workers.
Tip #3. Go Herbal to Combat Stress
Chronic stress can cause brain inflammation as well as constriction of blood vessels and lead to poor circulation of the blood to the brain, causing you to experience symptoms of brain fog & fatigue.
Understanding the root cause and addressing it will be the first step, however, these herbs can work on the stress pathways in the brain as a powerful support when chronic stress is a problem.
– Panax Ginseng (Korean) Extract – very hot and very stimulating
– Ashwagandha – for “tired but wired” symptoms
– Holy Basil Extract – nervine relaxant
– Rhodiola Rosea – strengthens the nervous system
– Siberian Ginseng Extract – not stimulating helps with physical stress
– Licorice Root – reduces the workload of the adrenal glands
– Oats – nervine relaxant & lowers inflammation
– St. John’s Wart – nervous system tonic
I always recommend working with a professional certified practitioner to help you modify the stress-inducing lifestyle habits to benefit from the amazing results of using these herbs synergistically..
Download my FREE Mental Health Shopping List of the top foods with the critical nutrients you need for improving your Mental Health here.
Tip #4. Nose Unblocking Exercise
Is your nose feeling blocked? Try this simple unblocking nose exercise for a decongested nose. Gently breathe in and out through your nose, hold your nose and gently nod your head up and down for as long as you can. When you need to breathe in, let go of your nose and breathe gently through it, in and out with your mouth closed. Repeat after thirty seconds.
Check out my amazing ‘Cauliflower Mac & Cheese’ recipe.
Did you know that your acne problem or eczema is not just a skin issue, it’s also an intestinal gut issue.
One of the main reasons for acne today is the buildup of bad bacteria, yeast and candida in your gut and digestive tract. And if you’re wondering what causes these, well if you’ve ever taken antibiotics, birth control pills, drank chlorinated and fluorinated water, and if you’ve consumed too much sugar, all of these things can increase the growth of bad bacteria, yeast and candida within your body. So it would make sense to remove these culprits like sugar, and ensuring you drink filtered water, because if you’re not drinking filtered water – you are the filter. And minimizing the use of antibiotics and look for more natural birth control methods.
And what about supplements? The 3 recommended supplements for fighting acne prone skin are Probiotics, Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids and Zinc.
I always recommend supplementing with a good diet, and healthy lifestyle habits like getting enough sleep and daily movement, which together with a balance diet help promote healthy glowing skin.
If you’re ready to leverage your workplace wellness strategy and explore how to optimize individual, team and your company’s performance, book your complimentary Workplace Wellness call here.